?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Autumn Leaves

This afternoon, I raked a freakin' lot of leaves. A freakin' lot of leaves. However, I can see the grass again, so I know it's there. I also raked about 80% of them down to the curb, so they're ready for the leaf sucker to come suck them up. The other 20% remains in a pile under the portico, because I have to move the brush pile at the end of the driveway before I can push them to the curb.

In the process of raking the entire yard (front and back), it occurred to me that since we live on a big hill, there are only two avenues to the street: down the driveway and down the front steps. Since the driveway was blocked, that left one option. There are 10 or 12 steps down to the street. I had a veritable waterfall of willow oak leaves cascading down them to the sidewalk for a good 30 minutes. It looked really cool. It so obscured the steps that I wanted to flop on the leaves and swoosh down them, like a giant slide. I'm sure that would have greatly amused our neighbor across the way, who was watching me out his window, and I would have done it, except it would have landed me in oncoming traffic.

Tags:

Comments

( 8 comments — Leave a comment )
openheartsoftly
Nov. 11th, 2006 11:45 am (UTC)
Congratulations on a successful, snake free, leaf raking experience.

I'm so excited for the leaf suckers to come. I've not ever seen a leaf sucker. Its so Seussean.

As Willy Wonka would say...

The suspence is terrible, I hope it'll last.

Have the best
yarbiedoll
Nov. 11th, 2006 09:08 pm (UTC)
Ha! That is one of my favorite lines from that movie. That and,

Violet [picking her nose]: "Spitting's a dirty habit."
WW: "I know a worse one."

OK, and maybe,

WW: "Next time, try to open your mouth a little wider when you speak."
openheartsoftly
Nov. 12th, 2006 01:59 pm (UTC)
I didn't realize you were a Wonka fan. That movie is filled with great quotes. Its one of my all time favorites.

I'm a sucker for Gene Wilder, his smile and the way it shined through his eyes was so sexy!

All planned events of the day may cease for a Wilder-a-thon. If I can find the box my movies are still packed in.

Have you checked out this site...

http://www.killerclips.com/clip.php?id=111&qid=1323

Have the best
yarbiedoll
Nov. 12th, 2006 06:29 pm (UTC)
I'm a sucker for Gene Wilder, his smile and the way it shined through his eyes was so sexy!

That's a great way to put it. That's what attracts me to him, too. Now I'm going to have to go check and see if I ever upgraded my C&TheCC from VHS to DVD. If not, it's going on my Christmas list!
neebs
Nov. 13th, 2006 06:51 pm (UTC)
This has nothing to do with leaves, but I just looked at Chris's pics from the marathon and everytime I see a picture of you I can't help but notice how clasically gorgeous you are. Very glamorous! =)
yarbiedoll
Nov. 13th, 2006 07:08 pm (UTC)
What?!? Am I even in those pictures? I took a lot of them; how did that manage to happen? Also, I'm not sure it was possible to even be glamorous after walking 5 or 6 miles in the windy coldness that afternoon. You have got to be looking at someone else! ;)
neebs
Nov. 13th, 2006 08:05 pm (UTC)
No way girlfriend! You were in the red hooded sweatshirt. =P
neebs
Nov. 13th, 2006 08:08 pm (UTC)
Specifically the one labeled "We're cool."

You are HOT.
( 8 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

eye-con
yarbiedoll
The Inimitable Miss M

Latest Month

October 2009
S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow